No announcement yet.

Soltar strike back

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, Dionne + Yeo nets you a 75% dodge chance...that may make a huge difference I guess...

Comment

but it failed today... apparently i dont generate enough sp to keep spamming SoI bad luck today

Comment

Here's a team to clear Soltar 99% of the time. (Source: Reddit)

Mew [tEoG] + Thor [tSoI] + Mundeok [tSoI] (L) with Aubrey

How this team works:
        - The key to this team is Mundeok chain-3's which allow Mew and Thor to proc instant chain-3's from their chain-1 blocks (twice).
        - Single blocks activated as chain-3's from Mew and Thor generate plenty of blocks for Mew (and SP for the team with tEoG).
        - Both Mundeok and Thor should be able to generate SoI quickly while using Aubrey to extend SoI duration infinitely.
        - Activate Aubrey after using SoI to increase the duration and time SoI well to prevent Soltar from 1-shotting a hero with his devastating spells.

Are SBW required?
        - Without SBW it may be slightly slower, but it should be possible with the block/SP generation from Mew and SoI generation from Mundeok and Thor.
        - With SBW I'd recommend Mew first for damage immunity to Soltar's OP skills then Thor's SBW to maximize his bursty neutral lightning damage to toast Soltar's behind.

CQ Community Suggestions | Report a Bug | Send a Ticket

Comment

It's a few days I'm trying exactly that team, but to no avail...I always end to have a second with no immortality around half of soltar's HP (partially for an occasional timing error, partially for bad luck with blocks) and in that exact tiny second with no invincibility I am erased from existance...

I can say it's a viable strategy, but so far I had no luck with it too...

Comment

you should use SoI after debuff and before power up. timing with SoI is the key in surviving his attack. dont give up you'll get the timing

Comment

It's probably the transcended part on Mew and Thor that I am missing that kills me. When Soltar starts draining SP, I get slower SoIs and I end to have one second opening. Interestingly its seems he knows I'm no longer invincible and casts that oneshot skill ("something" of souls, I don't remember at the moment) that instantly has me vanish in the exact instant my protecton ends.

Every time. Like he is cheating and reading the buff queue and duration left...

Comment

I tried using my now 6* yew SBW, it makes the battle easier, but maybe it is just my own illusion. I'll try it for couple more days and report here

Comment

Originally posted by D3Inity View Post
                  Here's a team to clear Soltar 99% of the time. (Source: Reddit)

Mew [tEoG] + Thor [tSoI] + Mundeok [tSoI] (L) with Aubrey

How this team works:
                  - The key to this team is Mundeok chain-3's which allow Mew and Thor to proc instant chain-3's from their chain-1 blocks (twice).
                  - Single blocks activated as chain-3's from Mew and Thor generate plenty of blocks for Mew (and SP for the team with tEoG).
                  - Both Mundeok and Thor should be able to generate SoI quickly while using Aubrey to extend SoI duration infinitely.
                  - Activate Aubrey after using SoI to increase the duration and time SoI well to prevent Soltar from 1-shotting a hero with his devastating spells.

Are SBW required?
                  - Without SBW it may be slightly slower, but it should be possible with the block/SP generation from Mew and SoI generation from Mundeok and Thor.
                  - With SBW I'd recommend Mew first for damage immunity to Soltar's OP skills then Thor's SBW to maximize his bursty neutral lightning damage to toast Soltar's behind.
                  tSoI is optional, it does not increase the duration instead it give debuff immunity which have no effects on this boss.

Comment

Ok, for the moment I give up.

I ALMOST killed him with Mundeok(SoI), Kriem(SoI), Mew(Eog), but when he got to 40k HP he insta killed me and actually gained health from doing so...

Anyway, I thought I could use a final push and kill him for once, so I used 2 cursed gems, I went on for 2 more minutes when he oneshotted me (Rng blessed me with no right blocks to generate a SoI and I suppose mew NEEDS EoG to be transcended to counter his SP drain) and he actually gained even more health (he was back at 48k!). I was so stupid I used 2 more gems only to die in the same way and see him gain even more health, so I gave up.

Not only his retry chance is for some unspecified reason double the usual cost, he cheapshots your entire team and gains health!

I wanted to break my phone in half, serously.

I just want to see that small bit of story after he is defeated and never care about this cheap, unrewarding and NOT FUN battle, but he has an insane difficulty level that borders on stupid and a very irritating time wall to be able to retry with the same team (unless you want to waste gems, to be oneshotted)

It's very, very bad that you must rely on cheap tactics mixed with insane levels of luck (combination of RNG to have the heroes, RNG to have the weapons and RNG to have the blocks) to be able to win with no room to heal your team. Very badly designed battle, where most of the game mechanics that make the game fun can't be used.

Comment

Hi, I'm new to the forum so please easy on me :-)

After a lot of gruesome fight against the cheater soltar, I did beat him with my team:
                      d'art max train max sbw, himiko max train max sbw and roland, max train with 5* axe. edit : when i record video, i was using volcano on roland. just recently i switch to golden axe for 2 defense option

Here's my vid https://youtu.be/ym5eVBQLMsQ

Some would say, it's obvious u could defeat him with that kind of team. Well the truth is, if u got wrong timing with sera or sol, my team pretty much dead, especially after soltar down to 1/3 hp every single vane special could wipe out my team :-(
                      Cleared run soltar with d'artagnan, himiko and roland.
                      Last edited by keihevn; 10-23-2015, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Pretty Good strategy. Definitely more thought than my Korin, Mew, Joan, w/Dionne. But if I use Anut they die at the 50% mark. Soltar isn't a fun boss. He is a good example of the rich getting richer and the poor getting poor.

Comment

Working...
                        X