Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frequently Asked Questions

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Frequently Asked Questions

    Hi All,

    Welcome to a thread for questions that players ask when they just start out, if you are new to Crusaders Quest, welcome to this tactical game of synergy.

    As there are many opinions on various topics, this will be up for discussion and all other points be made available for people and players to see.

    Heroes

    Q. What is the best Hero?
    A. Unlike other games, most heroes in CQ have their own uses, and work well in certain teams (as you may have already figured out). There is no universally best hero, but there are heroes people would refer to the best in their class (this is opinion based - not in any particular order)
    • Mages
      • Lilith
      • Mondarin
      • Korin
      • Archon
      • Mondarin
    • ​Warriors
      • ​Susanoo
      • Isabel
      • Vivian
      • Leon
    • ​Hunter
      • ​Sneak
      • No .9
      • D'art
    • ​Archer
      • ​Hikari
      • Robin Hood
      • Sigruna
    • ​Priest
      • ​Yeowoodong
      • Nightingale
      • Himiko
      • Mew
      • Maria
    • Paladin​
      • Mundeok
      • Alexander
      • Drake
      • Kriem
      • Thor
    Skills

    Q. What Skills should I put on X hero?
    A. Skills are very dependent on the hero you are running, and completely depends on the play style of your team, as a rule of thumb here are the most versatile
    skills:
    • Mages
      • ​Mana Recycle - This skill has the most utility as it can stun at the transcended levels and gives the extra blocks required for a lot of wizards that rely on chain-3s
      • Shadow Mage - This is the skill you run on wizards that are chain-3 chasers, that only require 1 block to deal mass destruction, examples are: Nazrune
      • Magic Storm - This skill is used on heroes that can quickly generate SP so they can dish out massive amounts of damage, examples are: Lilith
    • ​Warriors
      • ​Avatar of Punishment - This skill is used on melee heroes with low reach, or their block skills are already very powerful on their own, example: Vivian, Isabel
      • Heaven Slash - This skill is used on most melee heroes for high damage, since it reaches all the way to the back line and deals great amounts of damage. It also helps you dodge attacks by launching your enemies up
      • Wind Slash - This skill is used for melee heroes that is trying to clump the enemy team together for their team to aoe them. It also helps with survivability.
    • ​Hunters
      • ​Western Gunner - This skill is the bread and butter of most hunters, it has huge utility and gets recasted every 2 blocks after as it provides 60sp every block used (for 2 blocks) after its used (note: only at transcended level, otherwise its just 1 block at level 4)
      • Lapis & Lazuli - This is one of the two great burst skills, as it not only ignores armor it also pushes enemies back
      • Overdrive! - This is a great skill if the enemy heroes are clumped together, it is able to take out a whole team if you are able to group your enemies together
    • Archer
      • ​Float like a butterfly Sting like a bee - Generally only used by Hikari
      • Phoenix Feather - One of the few skills that can "nuke" in the archer skill set
    • Priest
      • ​Energy of the Goddess - In all honesty, most other skills pale in comparison to this skill. It is, and probably will always be, the best skill for priests (utility wise)
    • Paladin
      • ​Shield of Invincibility - As paladins mainly tank, this is a great skill to help take the pressure off your team while you slaughter your enemies
      • Revolution Hammer - This skill is used for heroes that like stun locking, and helps a bit with dps. examples: Kriem
    ​Purchases

    Q. What should I spend my Gems on?
    A. If you are a new player use your gems to purchase the 50gem Contract Pack, thou do this only when a great up for hero event is happening. For players who have majority of the heroes they already want, either save up for the contract or use gems to refresh meat, as no matter how much meat you have it only costs 1 gem to completely refill them!

    Q. Should I buy anything from PoPo as they seem so expensive?
    A. The only things worth while from PoPo is Keys and Colosseum Tickets, the rest of the items are easily obtained without purchasing from PoPo thus saving you a lot of gold. Please take into account when buying Colosseum Tickets, make sure that if you have 2/3 tickets available, that the cooldown for the next Ticket isn't coming soon, as you will be wasting money (so try to get to 1/3 tickets before buying a ticket thus saving you time on next cooldown!). For Keys the only time you should be buying keys is, either you are saving for the coming bread dungeon and already have the maximum keys (10), or if the bread dungeon is currently running. Gold dungeon is not worth purchasing keys for, as 10 keys will cost you 15,000 gold and the last level of gold dungeon yields between 7000 - 18000 gold, meaning you have a higher chance of losing gold then gaining, and in the end you only gain up to 3k gold.

    Q. During Great Up Hero Events, do class contracts also get a bonus to pulling master heroes?
    A. From data sampling No, they only affect premium contracts and the 50 gem pack

    Q. Should I purchase premium contracts or class contracts?
    A. This depends on what heroes you currently have, if you are missing a wide variety of heroes premium contract is better, if you are missing one hero and really want that hero, you can go class contract but from data sampling it feels like the pull rate is around 1 out of 12 is a 4*

    Q. Should I purchase the Golden Weapon Box?
    A. We currently do not have enough information on this item, but from testing myself using 400 gems, the rate of Old Weapons is normalized (meaning that there is no difference between getting a 5* weapon and a 5* old weapon) from that data it was roughly 2 out of 13 for old weapons, and no legendaries so far reported

    Q. Should I buy Gold with my Gems?
    A. This is completely up to you, 240k gold is a lot of gold, and will take along time to manually farm, in maths terms, using gems to refresh meat and farming gold will give you more gold then just buying 240k gold once off (for stages like 4-24H) assuming you have 70 meat (account level 60), there are great up events that give you 40k more gold everytime you purchase it, the conversion rate is the same during great up events for Gems.

    Q. Should I buy Milk with my Gems?
    A. Milk currently only gives you double Hero Exp and nothing else, for the gem cost it does not feel worth purchasing as the gems could be better off spent refreshing your meat.

    Q. Should I purchase Colosseum Perks?
    A. The perks cost a heft amount (couple of thousand of gold), and the benefits usually don't give you the edge to win, from a maths perspective you will lose out more gold then you would get in gems if you used perks every time you think you would lose.


    PVP

    Q. What is the best PvP Team?
    A. This will change as the Meta changes and as hero balances happen, I would recommend taking a look at the hero list at the start of the guide and formulate a team from that, if you are still finding it difficult, post a thread on these forums stating which heroes you have and people will be able to help you out.

    Q. What should I look for in a PvP Team?
    A. The current situation with PvP Teams are, the faster you can clear your opponent the better, as the loading times of the game takes quite long. Hence a recommendation of burst damage dealers would pave your way to victory easily. A couple things to note is that, AI does not tend to do anything for the first second or so when walking towards you, and they will always activate their goddess after a set duration of time (approx 3 seconds). This means 1 block spam teams that have huge burst work well and efficiently in PvP.

    Q. How to get into higher Master Ranks?
    A. The strategy most people apply is to run very low levels (ie/ 1-5N) to farm the merchant PoPo and purchase Colosseum tickets off her. Thou even without doing that as long as your team can clear 10 rounds, it is quite possible to get into top 10-30% as long as you use all your tickets for that week.


    World Boss

    Q. What team should I have before starting to run a World Boss?
    A. World Bosses, as daunting as them seem, are actually fairly easy. The hard part is understanding how to fight them - World Bosses require both players who participate to know what they are doing, if they do not have 6* + max heroes. The first thing you must know is that Sera or Dionne is usually a must for World Bosses, without them it is very hard to block their skill damage, as that is what usually kills many players. By watching the animation or the SP Gauge of the World Boss you are able to determine when they are about to use their skill, and you can protect yourself accordingly with your goddess of choice. This will really help your survivability on World Bosses. Teams that work well against World Bosses differ between the 4 World Bosses:
    • World Boss 1 through to World Boss 3, they are susceptible to stun, hence characters who can stun have a huge advantage over them. Example: Sasquatch. This allows you to essentially permanently stun lock the boss in place, rendering him harmless.
    • World Boss 4 - this World Boss is immune to stuns, and also has a very high damaging skills, two ways to counter this World Boss is either bring a hero that can drain the World Bosses SP or use your goddess to survive the attacks. Most teams that fight World Boss 4 center around 1 Carry and 2 Healers, an example of this team would be: D'art, Maria, Himiko
    Terminology

    Q. What does LW stand for?
    A. Legendary Weapon, another term for Soul Bound Weapons

    Q. What does SBW stand for?
    A. Soul Bound Weapon

    Q. What does PvC Stand for?
    A. Player Vs Colosseum

    Q. What does 3 Chain Chaser mean?
    A. This refers to heroes that require another hero to do a 3 chain (3 blocks together, or if their passive is a true 3 chain) before their special effect happens. Example: Nazrune


    Q. What does True 3 Chain mean?
    A. Some passives state that it does a 3 chain effect, but some of these passives aren't actually counted as real 3 chains, but deal the 3 chain damage. Example: D'art. Though these skills deal a lot of damage, they cannot proc the effect of a 3 Chain Chaser. A True 3 Chain has the ability to proc 3 Chain Chaser passives, and also usually gives 60 SP if it affects the block. Example: Lilith, Arona. There are some heroes that can do True 3 Chains but not get the SP, because its an after affect of the block. Example: Himiko

    Q. What does 1 Block Spammer mean?
    A. Heroes that only require 1 block to be useful (whether that use be damage / healing / support) is considered a 1 Block Spammer. Example: Sneak


    -Under Construction-
    Last edited by IcyPhoenix; 10-25-2015, 04:52 PM.

  • #2
    -Place Holder-

    Comment


    • #3
      Well done. Understood that this is your opinion, though I'd like to add some comments/questions.

      Why Archon and Mondrian are not in the list? I thought they hit hard.

      I think Maxi is underrated and underused. I actually solo'ed Tundra 1-3 HARD with her (albeit took a long time to kill the priest) but she can solo 4-24 HARD like a boss. I think she is the only hero who can run unlimited chain-3s independently and I'm experimenting with chain-3 chasers with her like Naz and Thor. Once Maxi runs the first tWG, I can just spam 1 blocks with unlimited Thor buffs, Naz stampedes and Maxi explosive bullets.

      Isn't the revised Thor scary enough to warrant being in the list? What about Mundeok? I thought he's shining star in WB.

      I'm a fan of Hikari and I run Woompa/Hikari/Hikari in Colosseum with great success so far. What I find out is that if you run Hikari you ought to run a hero who can buff consistently and thus it makes FLABSLAB kind of redundant. Yes FLABSLAB gives ATK and SPD boost (which makes Hikari attacks and whirlwinds faster) but I still prefer a great nuke anyday and you're right what Archer class is lacking is a good nuke.

      As for gem's use for beginners, I used to agree that spending 50 gems for contract package is good, but maybe not anymore with the latest patch. The ability to 're-roll' for 3 gems is the reason. With this ability, a beginner can get Alex/Mew/Korin or Drake/Yeowoodong/Nazrune pretty easily. For all RNG knows, you might get 9 x 3* and 1 guaranteed 4* with 50 gems but by promoting 3* heroes, you're guaranteed a 4* hero, and with 3 gems you're guaranteed a different 4* hero. Of course, it's up to the player in the end if they really want a contract-only hero then they have to buy that package as it's the only effective way known. But if I'm going to start all over, I will focus all my minimal resources to 3 non-contract,non-legendary heroes all the way to 6* and have a solid foundation team to farm quests, dungeons, colosseum and WB alike before building and spending breads/golds on other heroes.

      For colosseum, I don't encourage splurging on the power-ups as well, but once in a while I will buy it when the matchup is my weakness, especially if it's less than 5 rounds in. If your team's key damage skill is a non-leader, getting the 700g +50SP bonus will help but if you need your leader to chain-3 to start off the whole thing you will need the 1k 2 leader blocks bonus. In colosseum, the match is usually determined by the first burst or 3-chain. If a ticket is worth 8k, I think buying an advantage to secure the road to 10 wins is worth it.

      My two cents.
      Last edited by Panterus; 04-19-2015, 07:41 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Panterus View Post
        Well done. Understood that this is your opinion, though I'd like to add some comments/questions.

        Why Archon and Mondrian are not in the list? I thought they hit hard.

        I think Maxi is underrated and underused. I actually solo'ed Tundra 1-3 HARD with her (albeit took a long time to kill the priest) but she can solo 4-24 HARD like a boss. I think she is the only hero who can run unlimited chain-3s independently and I'm experimenting with chain-3 chasers with her like Naz and Thor. Once Maxi runs the first tWG, I can just spam 1 blocks with unlimited Thor buffs, Naz stampedes and Maxi explosive bullets.

        Isn't the revised Thor scary enough to warrant being in the list? What about Mundeok? I thought he's shining star in WB.

        I'm a fan of Hikari and I run Woompa/Hikari/Hikari in Colosseum with great success so far. What I find out is that if you run Hikari you ought to run a hero who can buff consistently and thus it makes FLABSLAB kind of redundant. Yes FLABSLAB gives ATK and SPD boost (which makes Hikari attacks and whirlwinds faster) but I still prefer a great nuke anyday and you're right what Archer class is lacking is a good nuke.

        As for gem's use for beginners, I used to agree that spending 50 gems for contract package is good, but maybe not anymore with the latest patch. The ability to 're-roll' for 3 gems is the reason. With this ability, a beginner can get Alex/Mew/Korin or Drake/Yeowoodong/Nazrune pretty easily. For all RNG knows, you might get 9 x 3* and 1 guaranteed 4* with 50 gems but by promoting 3* heroes, you're guaranteed a 4* hero, and with 3 gems you're guaranteed a different 4* hero. Of course, it's up to the player in the end if they really want a contract-only hero then they have to buy that package as it's the only effective way known. But if I'm going to start all over, I will focus all my minimal resources to 3 non-contract,non-legendary heroes all the way to 6* and have a solid foundation team to farm quests, dungeons, colosseum and WB alike before building and spending breads/golds on other heroes.

        For colosseum, I don't encourage splurging on the power-ups as well, but once in a while I will buy it when the matchup is my weakness, especially if it's less than 5 rounds in. If your team's key damage skill is a non-leader, getting the 700g +50SP bonus will help but if you need your leader to chain-3 to start off the whole thing you will need the 1k 2 leader blocks bonus. In colosseum, the match is usually determined by the first burst or 3-chain. If a ticket is worth 8k, I think buying an advantage to secure the road to 10 wins is worth it.

        My two cents.
        Personally I don't like archon, he is slightly unreliable at times, and requiring 3 blocks can cause problems, Mondrian is a PvP based hero - his presence in PvE gets overshadowed by many of the stronger mages, both these mages require 3 blocks, and don't synergize well with block recyclers like Yeow. They definitely are good, but Lilith and Naz outshine them both (in my opinion)

        Maxi is too block hungry to be deemed good, if you put her along side the 3 hunters listed above, she kinda falls off the radar, but that is from my experience, she is one of the viable slightly more viable free hunters thou (D'art being the only viable free hunter)

        Omg I forgot about Mundeok anyway...yeah Mundeok is probably best paladin 2015. Thor is "okay" I wouldn't say top tier, I'm looking at heroes that have the ability to help you in everything (PvE/PvP/FoS)

        Hikari is one of those god send heroes that does everything well, she can solo up to 7th level of FoS with any other characters (at +max, with life steal) and that is just incredible.

        Gem's - I personally don't like the whole re-rolling system, it costs too much (3 Gems) thats 3/5ths of a premium contract - with so many freemium heroes being not so viable, the 50 gem contract is very attractive (for aiming for end game). But even with that said, I do agree getting a naz really changes up how easy the game becomes, or just something useful compared to the some what more useless heroes.

        Colo, Personally never used the upgrades - as gold is hard enough to get as it is, rather then spend it here, i'd rather upgrade my units as a permanent benefit.

        Comment


        • #5
          one thing I still can't let go about Hikari is how the dev programmed her passive...

          it's not a buff, but why Anut resets her hit count? but if it's a buff, then Hikari can proc her own passive. do u get what I mean? the dev has not answered my thread about this.

          Comment


          • #6
            Cant remember that our dear devs ever answered any threads.

            B2t: you should add susanoo to the top tier warriors. His overall strenght is overwhelming. He can shredder armor and clear waves with one 3 chain until hard 4.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by frogstar View Post
              Cant remember that our dear devs ever answered any threads.

              B2t: you should add susanoo to the top tier warriors. His overall strenght is overwhelming. He can shredder armor and clear waves with one 3 chain until hard 4.
              Hiya,

              I'm not actually a dev, I'm just a mod on these forums and someone who plays CQ a lot!

              Thou Susanoo has been on that list since the guide has been up.

              -Icy

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by IcyPhoenix View Post
                Personally I don't like archon, he is slightly unreliable at times, and requiring 3 blocks can cause problems, Mondrian is a PvP based hero - his presence in PvE gets overshadowed by many of the stronger mages, both these mages require 3 blocks, and don't synergize well with block recyclers like Yeow. They definitely are good, but Lilith and Naz outshine them both (in my opinion)

                Maxi is too block hungry to be deemed good, if you put her along side the 3 hunters listed above, she kinda falls off the radar, but that is from my experience, she is one of the viable slightly more viable free hunters thou (D'art being the only viable free hunter)
                I personally don't think it's fair to compare anything to Nazrune, Lilith, No. 9, Sneak, or Alex. These heroes are so good, they make every other hero look bad. If you compare from the bottom, it makes every hero look good. The best way to judge the quality of a hero is to compare them to Leon. Since everybody starts with him, Leon is the best measuring stick available to determine whether they are good.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Senpai View Post
                  I personally don't think it's fair to compare anything to Nazrune, Lilith, No. 9, Sneak, or Alex. These heroes are so good, they make every other hero look bad. If you compare from the bottom, it makes every hero look good. The best way to judge the quality of a hero is to compare them to Leon. Since everybody starts with him, Leon is the best measuring stick available to determine whether they are good.
                  The question was who is the best

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I would say Smile of the Goddess is also a viable option for a Priest, because the heal and armor/resistance can really turn a fight around. I would also add Mondrian in the list of Mages, he can deal a lot of damage to the backlines. Also, another to be considered is Nurspy, because she can get her 3 chain up easily with her new passive, and it also neuters the front line damage quite a bit.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Kouhai View Post
                      I would say Smile of the Goddess is also a viable option for a Priest, because the heal and armor/resistance can really turn a fight around. I would also add Mondrian in the list of Mages, he can deal a lot of damage to the backlines. Also, another to be considered is Nurspy, because she can get her 3 chain up easily with her new passive, and it also neuters the front line damage quite a bit.
                      I would agree mond is one of the best mages, but I would be very hesitant to call nurspy a top priest, she doesn't act the role of a priest, and has very little healing/survivability.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        So why is Nazarene so good. He doesn't seem that good when I use him. Maybe its because he needs to be 6* first? Right now mine is lvl 50(+3)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          ^ You revived an old topic...

                          Nazrune is nerfed badly. Used to be in the top tier in da past.
                          Account Name: Dazmont
                          Feel free to add~~
                          Give me a pm in this forum so that i will know who you are~

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            nerfed how?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              His damage is greatly reduced.
                              Account Name: Dazmont
                              Feel free to add~~
                              Give me a pm in this forum so that i will know who you are~

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X