Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Summoner Heroes Rate Up Event - Worth It?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summoner Heroes Rate Up Event - Worth It?

I know there's only one day left (as of the time of this posting), but I want to know if it's worth spending the 50 gems on the 10 contract deal to attempt to get even one of the summoners?

To my knowledge, out of all 3, only Dara is considered good.
    Necron is considered poor, and Koxinga... not exactly sure about, but he isn't topping any broken PvC charts atm, so I can't really draw a conclusion on him.
    Last edited by Exavelion; 10-10-2015, 10:34 PM. Reason: Typo

I might give a try, just because I want to get Koxinga. If I get Necron for like the 4th time, I gonna swearing -_-

Comment

I blew more gems than I would like to admit on more 10-contract pulls than I will even hint at, and I got Necron once and Dara once.

The rest were Vane, Vane, Vane, Vane, Vane, Vane, Vane, Vane, Vane and Nightingale...

....I might be exaggerating slightly. Maybe.

Koxinga is okay. I haven't 6*'d mine yet. Dara is also nice but she's not gonna blow your mind.

Comment

I got the two already, no Dara though..

Gimme Vane though.. haha.. gimme gimme gimme..

Comment

they should really consider a hero exchange system =D

Comment

Would be subject to abuse though.. as someone with a lot of money can just buy out the game.. not that buying stuff is bad i mean it would help them a lot in maintaining CQ, but somehow i kinda like how TOAST sets the direction the game is taking and that we all have to work for the progress we get..

just like good 'ol rpg's.. grindy grindy grindy..

Comment

If you already have some top tier heroes, they could be fun. I would not describe this as a stacked rate up by any stretch of the imagination.

Comment

Originally posted by DukeCube View Post
                Would be subject to abuse though.. as someone with a lot of money can just buy out the game.. not that buying stuff is bad i mean it would help them a lot in maintaining CQ, but somehow i kinda like how TOAST sets the direction the game is taking and that we all have to work for the progress we get..

just like good 'ol rpg's.. grindy grindy grindy..
                As much as I grew up playing absurdly grindy games, I cannot understand (on a personal level anymore) why people like unnecessarily grinding away their time and money. Some grind is fine, otherwise we'd lose sense of achievement, but too much grind is just superficial inflation of game life.

That aside, I think a Hero Trade-In system would be more beneficial than detrimental to the game, considering how much the game loves to duplicate on Hero rolls (especially through random promotions). Sure, it's fine to have duplicates of a decent hero, but I really don't need 3 Montes, 3 Drakes, 3 Nurspys, 4 Achilles, and 5 Yeos. (And I received each set of these hero dupes in a row; so I'm firmly convinced the game is rigged in favor of rolling you heroes you already have, just to artificially extend the game time.)

Originally posted by tz42 View Post
                If you already have some top tier heroes, they could be fun. I would not describe this as a stacked rate up by any stretch of the imagination.
                I don't think there ever is a stacked rate up. I've only achieved and/or received less than 5 advertised rate-up things out of all the rate up events in the past 3 or so months. For example, I only received 2 rate-up heroes (one in each of two events that I succeeded in, out of at least 5 or more hero rate-up events that occurred while I played) and in a single Great-Chance Upgrade rate-up event, only two successes out of over 30+ upgrade attempts.

If TOAST ever does a rate-up with boosts that are actually noticeable, I will give them a wholehearted standing ovation and likely money, but thus far, I'm pretty sure all the "rate-up" events are only in name & technicality (as in the rate-up is really only maybe 5% or 10% of an already absurdly low base percentage).
                Last edited by Exavelion; 10-14-2015, 08:05 PM.

Comment

The problem with the hero trade system is instant 'inflation', as it were. They would have to keep upping the ante even more, constantly introducing new heroes to try to keep one step ahead of the everyone-has-everything-and-now-they're-bored phenomenon.

Comment

Well, CQ is fine for me.. I actually like to spend money on CQ because I love playing the game and it does not force me to buy stuff just to get ahead..

Comment

Originally posted by Joolie View Post
                      The problem with the hero trade system is instant 'inflation', as it were. They would have to keep upping the ante even more, constantly introducing new heroes to try to keep one step ahead of the everyone-has-everything-and-now-they're-bored phenomenon.
                      If you're using the term 'inflation' in the same context I was, then that wouldn't be true. Rather, it would be 'deflation', bc the game life would stop being superficially 'inflated', and we would be left with a truer reflection of the game's life span (to complete, not necessarily of success).

True, people would reach completion quicker; but regarding the vagueness of the hypothetical "hero trade system", I was thinking it would be a many-to-one trade system (as in you would trade several heroes for one desired hero), OR that the system would be a semi-random trade-in (where you'd trade in an unwanted hero for a different, but random one of equal star rank and/or class; but in the case of CQ's love for rampant RNG, it would more likely be "trade in unwanted hero for a chance at an equal or lower ranking hero from any class").

As is, simply completing the roster does not instantly end the game, nor does it make CQ devoid of content. Players still need to deal with weapon-grinding, upgrades for said weapons, forge SBWs, explore different team compositions that work for them in PvE, PvP, PvC, & World Bosses; among other things.

And as a decent developer, they should periodically be coming out with new content (not at a break-neck pace, as you are implying). In that regard, I can say CQ is meeting that standard, even if it is sometimes in neglect of more pressing issues like polishing already-existing and buggy content.

Originally posted by DukeCube View Post
                      Well, CQ is fine for me.. I actually like to spend money on CQ because I love playing the game and it does not force me to buy stuff just to get ahead..
                      Don't get me wrong, I don't mind spending money on CQ either (even when I sometimes don't get all of my purchase) bc I love it too. I simply detest the out-of-control RNG that can seriously use some stabilizing.

The game is certainly not forcing you to buy anything, as you have free-will, but that's not to say CQ doesn't heavily encourage people to spend (or rather gamble) excessively. And depending on your goals, you actually are forced to make purchases; for example, if you want to unlock all the skills (since a fair number of skills are only unlockable through contract-only heroes).
                      Last edited by Exavelion; 10-16-2015, 11:46 AM.

Comment

I think that it is worth it if it actually rates up your chances on getting a 4-6 hero or any. I mean, I keep earning gems for events like that but it turns out I get heroes that I already got or 3 star to 2 star heroes....

Comment

Working...
                        X