Mew or Nightingale?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mew or Nightingale?

Having recently come into possession of a 6* Nightingale, I realized their block skills are very similar. I have been wondering how they compare to one another; in all fields of battle (PvE, PvC, & World Boss).

It's all about preference actually, and I lean toward Mew more (even if I like Nightingale's design much much more).

Let's put pros and cons of each in a simple list (Stats are for pure 6* no extra bread, taken from the hero manual).
    Mew Nightingale
    HP 4720 4628
    Attack 482 498
    Critical 10 10
    Defense 188 145
    Resistance 188 145
    Basic block Heals by 200%attack power, plus 7%, 15%, 25% based on chain Heals by 200%attack power, plus 7%, 15%, 25% based on chain
    Passive When someone else uses a 3 chain, Mew gets a free block, and mew gains 10 SP as well. Heals additional 150% of the healed unit attack power over the next 5 seconds.
    If recast when active, the skill becomes party wide
    Soulbound Healed ally is immune to the next 5 attacks and the next debuff Activation chance +2 (???)
    Heals are 50% stronger, and 5 seconds of immunity to stuns
    SBW
    Attack
    +148 at 1.2 atk speed (faster weapon) +183 at 1.00 atk speed (slower weapon)
    Premium No Yes
    About Mew:

1. Easier to obtain as she is not premium
    2. Her passive is excellent:
    • Provides more healing on demand, since her passive can easily create blocks for her with no effort as other heroes use their 3 chain
    • More blocks means faster goddess bar generation, so faster goddess usage
    • Paired with Energy of Goddess as special skill it means more blocks for the leader to 3 chain, which means more goddess bar, more blocks for healing and even more goddess bar generation.

3. Her soulbound is very good, five hits of invulnerability can make the difference if the enemy team relies on few strong attacks to deal damage. Less so if they use lots of hits to deal damage.
    4. She is not suited to be leader, her skills excel when she follows someone else using 3 chains, not to mention her heals are way more efficient when used as a single block.
    5. She has slightly better basic defense than Nightingale.

About Nightingale:

1. Her heals are insane! Her passive is incredible and she is probably overhealing your team most of the time. If you manage to trigger the second part of her passive her heals go over 9000 pretty easily
    2. She is more rng dependant than Mew. This means that even if her heals are insane, a team with burst damage can kill her teammates before she can use blocks like with all other priests. Everyone should have a weakness, and this is Nightingale's
    4. She is much better to be eventually used as leader compared to Mew. While her single block heal is better overall, she benefits incredibly from having more blocks to use, as the second part of her passive depends on her first to be in effect. Still, I think she should not be used as leader, considering how easily she overheals.
    5. As with all priests, Energy of Goddess is an awesome skill, but given her obscene healing potential, she is probably the best user for Resurrection. A resurrected team mate can be back to full health in a blink if triggered correctly.
    6. Her soulbound is great, five seconds of stun immunity can be awesome in Colosseum. That +50% heal counterattacks the normally reduced healing priests get in Colosseum.

It's up to you, but in my playstyle I end to create teams that are leader dependant, so Mew's ability to get feedback from the leader's 3 chain, and in turn feed the leader with more blocks is too tempting for me to ignore.
    In any case, both are awesome healers.
    Last edited by Sota; 10-18-2015, 01:52 AM. Reason: Typos :U

Comment

Sota, thank you for the detailed comparison between both heroes.

Comment

Also depends on team comp if you have someone that HAS to 3 chain all the time use mew but if you have heros that are buffed by heals example: dartagnan or rachel night is the better option.

Comment

Actually i like both, but to compare.

If your team compo using one block spam, ex: D'art, Viper more and more
          Nightingale would be better than Mew

If your team compo using 3-chain combo ex: Korin, Cano, Archon more and more....
          Mew is actually better as she can get another block

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ IGN: Francis90

Comment

Originally posted by francis90 View Post
            Actually i like both, but to compare.

If your team compo using one block spam, ex: D'art, Viper more and more
            Nightingale would be better than Mew

If your team compo using 3-chain combo ex: Korin, Cano, Archon more and more....
            Mew is actually better as she can get another block
            Thank you for the tip. I will definitely consider this when I do get D'Art, Viper, Cano, and Archon; among other such heroes.

Comment

I vote for Mew. The first time I played Crusaders Quest, the first Priest I got was Mew. I never thought that she was that strong with her SBW! I am amazed because they finally gave her a chance to show her potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Raalbjmc View Post
                I vote for Mew. The first time I played Crusaders Quest, the first Priest I got was Mew. I never thought that she was that strong with her SBW! I am amazed because they finally gave her a chance to show her potential.
                Well, if we're talking about SBW comparison, Mew wins by a long shot. Having damage immunity for 8 hits is insanely good. Mew's SBW practically negates entire team builds if they simply can't deal enough hits. If they can, then they need to deal enough damage. That's not even counting any of Mew's teammates.

Comment

Dont under estimate that night sbw works great for massive heals. She can out heal a lot of teams in colo as well...beware the himi though

Comment

Originally posted by zlumpy View Post
                    Dont under estimate that night sbw works great for massive heals. She can out heal a lot of teams in colo as well...beware the himi though
                    Himiko is always threat, especially with her SBW. I've never really had an issue with Nightengale's SBW unless she was paired with one or two defensive elements, like Sera or Korin's broken shield.

Comment

Working...
                    X