Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some kind of QA (Quality Assurance) group.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some kind of QA (Quality Assurance) group.

What I mean by QA is a select few people with different mobile devices to test out new patches prior releasing. Last patch really did a huge number on the game, random crashes, the failing to unzip (which still persists even after the "fix") game being 2-3GB and numerous other bugs that affect everyones gaming experience in lesser forms.

With that in mind I'd like to propose above suggestion and only release new content when it is deemed bugless (as of right now, bug testing seems close to non-existant).
    This would result into an environment without people rage-quitting due to bugs taking a long time to resolve, and a more smooth/pleasant gaming experience.
    Last edited by Valen; 07-21-2016, 04:51 AM.

In previous live streams, Hangame USA has said that they're more or less kept in the dark about patch details until they are just about ready to go. To me it seems like they don't get much time to properly translate and test updates. Simply holding back updates for the North American version of the game by a week or two, if technically possible, would give them enough time to adequately vet them.

Comment

Originally posted by Aisha View Post
      In previous live streams, Hangame USA has said that they're more or less kept in the dark about patch details until they are just about ready to go. To me it seems like they don't get much time to properly translate and test updates. Simply holding back updates for the North American version of the game by a week or two, if technically possible, would give them enough time to adequately vet them.
      I see, I wasn't aware it was due to the lack of time available to properly apply patches. Thanks for the heads-up, afaik they're working with a small scaled team so the whole time inefficiency makes an awful lot of sense.

Comment

Well, like I implied above, it's just conjecture on my part. I could be totally wrong.

Another angle to consider at is that Hangame USA might be completely not at fault when it comes to bugs. For all we know, Hangame USA is only responsible for English support and community engagement, and possibly translation. The bugs could be all on the Korean developers. Who knows.

But anyway, I do agree with your initial suggestion. If whoever is responsible could find the opportunity to test updates more thoroughly, even if only internally, it would do a lot of good towards alleviating player frustration.

Comment

I see, well it would make an awful lot of sense. All we can do is contemplate on that, though it's a better train of thought than assuming the ones responsible are simply slacking off.

Previously I played some MMORPG in which volunteers would be elected for suggested purpose, the bugs and errors would be reported to the company responsible for the localising part which then would forward all reports compiled to the devs (testing would have been done in a test server).
          It seems beneficial as it's a cheap/free way of rooting out the majority of bugs, and having players feel more like something is done about all aspects they are frustrated and annoyed by in-game.
          Last edited by Valen; 07-23-2016, 03:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X